Wavex Technology understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.wavex.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. Your acceptance of this Privacy Notice is deemed to occur upon your first use of Our Site. If you do not accept and agree with this Privacy Notice, you must stop using Our Site immediately.
• IP address;• Web browser type and version;• Operating system;• A list of URLs starting with a referring site, and your activity on Our Site.
1.7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:• Analysing your use of Our Site to enable us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.Third Parties (including Microsoft) may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
Name of Cookie Provider
To enable the online chat feature on Our Site
First / Third Party
Name of Cookie Provider
First / Third Party
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Wavex Technology understands that your privacy is important to you. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who applies for our vacancies, either directly via the http://www.wavex.co.uk/Careers page (“Our Site”) or Job Portals.
This part of the notice explains how your personal data is used at Wavex with respect to your registering an application for a job vacancy.
2.1. PrinciplesWe will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here and in a manner that is consistent with Wavex obligations, and your rights under the law.Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. You must accept this notice before continuing to use Our Site.2.2. Definitions and InterpretationIn this Notice, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means other job advertising websites (i.e. LinkedIn, Indeed) that Wavex uses to post open vacancies, from which you will always be requested to follow a link to Wavex ATS system, to complete your application. These portals have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you decide to submit any Personal Data.
means Application Tracking System, which is a third party cloud-based solution, provided by PeopleHR as a sub processor of Wavex. Wavex uses this platform to manage all applications for vacancies, by accepting this privacy notice you are agreeing to your data being stored on PeopleHR. PeopleHR delivers stringent privacy and security protections that are built into the platform. Please check these policies before you decide to submit any Personal Data.
means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Wavex via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and/or EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25 May 2018
2.3. What Does This Policy Cover?This Privacy Notice applies only to your use of Our Site. Our Site may contain links to other pages on Wavex website and/or Wavex ATS.2.4. What information do we hold about you?When you apply for a vacancy with Wavex, to support your application we will ask for specific information:
• Personal contact details such as name, title, address, telephone numbers and personal email• Employment records
o Salary remuneration, bonus and benefits historyo Work history, including job titles, professional memberships
• Evidence of rights to work in the UKWe may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information, especially if the job you are applying for requires additional security checks:• Reference and other information in a CV and/or cover letter or as part of the application process
• Information about criminal convictions and offences• Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions• Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records
2.6. How long we retain your information
• We retain your information in line with our data retention policyo Unsuccessful applicants – 12 months from the date of applicationo Successful applicants – data will be transferred to your staff file
2.7. How we use your informationWe will only use your personal information when the law allows Wavex to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
When processing your Personal Data we will aim to do so fairly, lawfully and in line with the current Data Protection Act 1998 (and the GDPR regulations from 25 May 2018).2.8. Your rightsAs a Data Subject under the Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights:
• If you submit an enquiry form on Wavex careers page, you give your consent to Wavex contacting you for recruitment purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent Wavex from further contacting you at any time by emailing Wavex at firstname.lastname@example.org• You have the right to ask Wavex to give you a copy to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact Wavex at email@example.com• You have the right to ask Wavex to rectify the data we hold in the event that it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if:o it is no longer necessary for Wavex to hold the datao you wish to withdraw your consent to Wavex holding the datao you object to Wavex holding or processing the datao you believe that we have processed the data unlawfullyo the data needs to be erased for Wavex to comply with a particular legal obligation
To make a request please contact Wavex at email@example.comIf you have any queries about this notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgThis Policy has been approved and authorised by: