Service Delivery Manager
Wavex Technology is an award winning, independent IT firm, offering
secure and fully managed IT service. We design, deliver and manage
solutions to meet our client's strategic IT needs, across Cloud,
Infrastructure, Connectivity and End-User services.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for managing Client relationship in the first instance and driving new revenue opportunities for Wavex.
You will work with the Clients at both, senior and operational level to ensure that you develop and maintain good understanding of their business strategy, and devise a strategy to help them align IT to their needs (through our Apex Roadmap tool).
- Create and maintain account development plans for all clients though the Wavex Roadmap, which aligns to the client business strategy
- Ensure all service management activities are fully documented with demonstrative reporting, accurate meeting minutes and appropriate authorisations for audit purposes
- Provide detailed and accurate financial forecasts for all clients within your portfolio
- Provide detailed and accurate performance metrics/statistics reporting to substantiate the Wavex service performance. Ensure there is an explanation accompanying any change in trends both, positive and negative
- Monitor the contracted Service Levels with demonstration of performance and Service Level achievement through effective reporting and communication
- Produce the content for Service Development meetings with Clients, focusing on strategy, service and risk
- Act as an advisory and liaison for the business for all service improvements and changes
- Liaise with the client regarding the projects delivered to the client
- Build strong productive working relationships with your client base and their management teams
- Ensure the clients is aware of Wavex new services and how Wavex is different in the general IT market, giving examples of completed projects for other clients
- Ensure effective, timely and accurate communication to the relevant clients. Build plan to address performance deficit
- Liaise closely with the client and where necessary, supervise the escalation process for major issues
- Organise regular operational and service reviews with customers on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Have a clear strategy for each meeting
- Ensure all SLAs are transparent and align with the client’s business objectives
- Ensure all clients are assessed against the Wavex IT Maturity Matrix and use this to plan the evolution of the clients infrastructure and services
- Provide key performance indicator (KPI) metrics and statistics reporting to the client as required.
- Monitor performance of all areas of service against agreed SLAs
- Act as a primary internal point of notification and escalation for all critical issues that impact the client
- Work alongside the Project Manager (who owns this process) to smoothly transition new clients into Wavex via the new client take-on process
- Contribute to and oversee service improvement projects, to increase service quality and standardisation of service delivery across Wavex
- Stay abreast of all key aspects of client’s current IT environment
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the Clients IT budget allocation, planned discretionary and non-discretionary spending plans and projects. Use this information to pursue revenue opportunities for Wavex which are within the scope of Wavex capabilities
- Ensure good understanding of the Client’s operational environment in relation to their business objectives, in order to deliver consistent value
- Work with the Lead Service Delivery Manager and the Finance Team to ensure that revenue generating services are captured effectively and presented for invoicing and all relevant business controls are in place, to achieve and exceed planned commercial targets
- Attend new opportunity reviews and provide input on Wavex service offering, highlighting potential risks and issues as required
- Produce and present proposals for upsell and cross sell opportunities into your client base. Develop the Roadmap for each of your clients and use this to plan activities and opportunities for the account.
- Provide service delivery input into new sales bids and proposal generation.
- Provide service delivery input into contractual reviews and commercial negotiations
- Manage contractual change, ensuring that all change is reviewed commercially and that Wavex is charging for any and all incremental services/activities that are provided to the client
- Work with client to build full understanding of their business operations, and where applicable, develop strategy for future requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Promote and champion the benefits of Wavex ITIL Service Management within the department and wider, within the whole business
- Build relationships and morale within the respective teams and other departments, to provide a positive working environment. Provide effective and diplomatic communication at all levels.
- Promote, embrace and instil the Company values within the team. Act as an ambassador for Wavex, both internally and externally
- Provide input into the creation and ongoing development of the service management procedures and projects
- Seek new opportunities for APEX within clients businesses (HR, Facilities, Workflow)
About the person
- ITIL Certification (minimum Foundation level – other modules are an advantage)
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role or any of the following: Client Relationship Manager or Account Manager (working in an MSP environment)
- Familiar and comfortable with the concept of multiple technologies i.e. hosting, virtualisation, desktop, networks, etc.
- Experience of forecasting and budgeting
- Commercial understanding of contracts (being able to analyse the financial data)
- Experience of creating customer IT strategies and Roadmaps
- Experience of writing proposals to a high standard and delivering professional presentations
- Experience managing accounts with a value of up to £500k pa (financial ownership is not necessary, but appreciation of value is)
- Professional appearance and demeanour
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Team player
- Comfortable dealing with pressure
- Basic salary + bonus (bonus is based on performance against financial targets)
- 21 days’ holiday plus additional day off on your birthday
- Earn holiday with your years of service
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- Private medical and dental insurance
And more! See our full range of benefits here.
How to apply
Its easy, send us your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org