Senior Project Manager
Wavex Technology is an award winning, independent IT firm, offering secure and fully managed IT services. We design, deliver and manage solutions to meet our client's strategic IT needs, across Cloud, Infrastructure, Connectivity and End-User services.
In order to deliver this we hire the best people who use the world's leading technology platforms and deliver a truly outstanding, and unique customer-centric experience. Our focus is to help our clients to succeed, through a range of business relevant solutions and services.
We have recently launched our new business service platform which aims at broadening the scope of the services we offer.
About the Role
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for successful coordination and implementation of projects, ensuring their delivery within agreed timescales, to the highest standard of quality. Typical project may include data centre migration, desktop refresh, remote working solutions).
The Senior Project Manager will also be responsible for the coordination of prospect proposals in the initial engagement, both infrastructure and service transition.
Qualification and Experience
- Manage and deliver projects, proposals and project programmes, ensuring requirements are met and delivered on time, within cost and to high standards
- Assist in pre-sales support process, consulting and building strong relationship with prospects, existing clients and their management teams to ensure that requirements are specified
- Identify and manage the project organisational structure and define responsibilities
- Identify and manage appropriate resources to undertake all the required project activities
- Define detailed project costs (actuals vs. budget) and ensure effective tracking of time (progress vs. plan). Report accordingly
- Identify, manage and report on any dependencies, milestones, critical path, and potential risks, ensuring mitigation strategies and contingency plans exist and are acted upon
- Create, maintain and deliver high quality project documentation as defined in the Project Management Framework
- Ensure full governance and compliance to project standards, policies, processes and tools in the delivery of all projects
- Ensure effective communication with staff and stakeholders (including third parties and suppliers). Ensure this is delivered in a timely and clear fashion. Set clear expectations and ensure they are met
- Engage Service Desk, Service delivery and Client Services teams in a sign-off process
- Be an ambassador of Wavex, delivering an outstanding customer service
About the person
- ITIL qualification
- Prince 2 Practitioner or APMP qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience of project management in an IT environment
- Good knowledge of project management methodology
- Proven record for the successful delivery of infrastructure projects
- Sound knowledge of various IT Infrastructure (projects may include data centre migrations, desktop refresh, remote working solutions)
- Experience using project software tools such as Microsoft Office (or equivalent)
- Practical experience of managing and mitigating escalations, conflicts, risks and issues
- Good understanding of project governance and control
- Good knowledge of IT Infrastructure Architecture
- Experience of business case and IT strategy development
- Ability to learn quickly
- Able to cope with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Being organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and track activities
- Excellent communication verbal, written and presentations. Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and record information
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Working effectively as a team member, making others aware of information that may be useful to them and effectively interacting with people across Wavex
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to approach and resolve problems in a thoughtful and practical manner
- The ability to deliver consistent high quality work, even at a very detailed level
- Results focused - keeping to schedules, delivering work on time
- Ability to build rapport and establish relationships easily and quickly to make others feel at ease
- Be client driven and delivery focused
And more! See our extensive range of employee benefits we offer here.
- Basic salary + bonus
- 21 days’ holiday plus additional day off on your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical care
How to apply
Its easy, just click on Candidate Submission Form below to upload your CV. Check out our interview tips by clicking this link.