Wavex Technology is an award winning, independent IT firm, offering secure and fully managed IT services. We design, deliver and manage solutions to meet our client's strategic IT needs, across Cloud, Infrastructure, Connectivity and End-User services.
In order to deliver this we hire the best people who use the world's leading technology platforms and deliver a truly outstanding, and unique customer-centric experience. Our focus is to help our clients to succeed, through a range of business relevant solutions and services.
About the Role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for the end-to-end purchasing process at Wavex. This is a key role in the organisation as there is high visibility of procurement both, internally and by our clients. Providing an efficient, cost effective and reliable procurement function is one of the services that Wavex offers.
The Purchasing Specialist will own, further develop and maintain the company’s procurement system and its associated processes.
This role is a mixture of running a process, so administration is involved and also developing relationships with suppliers, to ensure the best service is delivered to our clients.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships - obtain best pricing, product availability and value added services. Use supplier review meetings to raise any queries, complaints or compliments, ensuring that all stakeholders have been given the opportunity to provide input or attend the meeting. Develop the process for reporting on vendor performance
- Pro-actively negotiate and track commission
- Obtain up-to-date product information from all suppliers, ensure that Wavex standard specifications can be updated as and when required. Request product road maps, promotional and new product launch material where applicable
- Netnames administration – checking validity of domain names, managing the recharging to clients
- Co-ordination with suppliers on placing orders, discounts and rebates negotiations, track orders and fulfilment, resolve queries
- Manage invoice queries to resolution. Ensure accounts requests for information are completed and that all invoice queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Analyse expenditure with suppliers
Process ownership and management
- Be the first point of contact for the Service Delivery Manager team for obtaining quotes
- Manage the quoting process – create and qualify quotes, obtain competitive pricing and re-run the quotes to the requestor in a timely manner
- Pro-actively manage the licensing and warranty process for Wavex clients
- Provide updates and current status of all orders to stakeholders
Interaction with other business functions
- Own the procurement process in Apex (our online ServiceNow based platform) – ensure it is fit-for-purpose, communicated and understood. Make changes to the process as and when required by incorporating feedback from clients and staff
- Create purchase orders, qualify the items to be ordered, obtain competitive pricing from suppliers, place the order in a timely manner and follow it through to completion
- Ensure that the product and vendor catalogues are kept up-to-date on Apex
- Manage cross-functional internal relationships with other teams, finance, sales, operations etc. Always focuss on delivering the best service to our clients.
- Be adaptable and have a positive approach to change and change management techniques, in order to improve efficiency of the department and overall company performance
Experience and Qualifications
About the person
- 3+ years of software licensing experience, including a good understanding of Microsoft licensing models, SPLA, VLSC, OPEN
- Holder of a recognised purchasing qualification
- Educated to degree level
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Experience using, managing and developing internal purchasing systems
- Experience of IT vendor management
- Relishes having to give attention to detail and focuses on getting things perfect first time
- Professional demeanour
- Excellent customer skills
- Positive attitude
- Empathic communicator
- Self-driven and results-orientated
- Mature and credible
- Comfortable in dealing with staff at all levels
And more! See our extensive range of employee benefits we offer here.
- Basic salary £25,000 - £30,000 gross per annum (depending on experience)
- 21 days’ holiday plus additional day off on your birthday
- Earn extra holiday with your years of service
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- Private health and dental insurance
How to apply
Its easy, just click on Candidate Submission Form below to upload your CV. Check out our interview tips by clicking this link.