Project Engineering Manager
Wavex Technology is an award winning, independent IT firm offering a secure and fully managed IT services. We design, deliver and manage solutions to meet our client strategic IT needs, across Cloud, Infrastructure, Connectivity and End-User services.
In order to deliver this we hire the best people who use the world’s leading technology platforms and deliver a truly outstanding, and unique customer-centric experience. Our focus is to help our clients succeed through a range of business-relevant solutions and services.
About the role
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Project Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the technical Project Engineering Team, coordinating change, ensuring best value for money and exceptional client satisfaction. The team is focused on delivering project change services to the Wavex client base (including managing Wavex as an internal client) in line with agreed SLAs, KPIs and quality standards.
In order to manage and understand the work delivered by this team, you must have strong technical background withing virtualisation technologies (HyperV, WMware) and have delivered infrastructure installations/upgrades, Office 365 migration, networking installation/upgrades, cloud migrations.
The Project Engineering Manager will work closely with the Programme Manager in the development and implementation of the Wavex coordinated change process, focusing on efficient utilisation of resource and quality focused output.
- Lead and hold regular team meetings to ensure smooth progress of engineering projects
- Ensure that engineers accurately log and capture their time spent on the projects. Review resource requirements on a regular basis and feed back to the Programme Manager
- Manage, coach and inspire the technical project engineering team including, execution of the performance reviews, disciplinary meetings and appropriate training solutions for team members
- Assist in recruiting, inducting and training new team members
- Lead the coordinated change process, including client interaction
- Drive continuous improvement within the team and liaise with other departments
- Assist with the planning, scheduling and tracking of change activity or change requests within the team
- Hold regular team meetings providing input and receiving feedback on all current/future changes and projects so that the team are kept informed of work going on in the business
Qualification and Experience
- Deputise in the absence of the Programme Manager for department duties
- Work with the Programme Manager and the finance department to ensure accurate reporting of utilisation and realisation of effort
- Work with the Programme Manager to ensure accurate scheduling forecasts
- Work with sales, service delivery and project management teams to ensure that interdepartmental meetings to support opportunities are scheduled within OLAs
- Assist with the monitoring of opportunities, coordinated change and projects
- Assist in planning for the utilisation of internal resources and applications
- Work closely with new business and project management teams to prioritise work in line with the business requirements
About the person
- ITIL qualification and Prince 2 (Foundation) – nice to have
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar role (managing a team)
- Sound knowledge of IT server and networking infrastructure
- Strong technical background
- Experience of working with virtualisation technologies (HyperV, WMware), delivering infrastructure installations/upgrades, Office 365 migration, networking installation/upgrades, cloud migrations)
- Understanding of projects delivered in structured environment
- Practical experience of managing and mitigating escalations, conflicts, risks and issues (internally and externally)
- Good understanding of project governance and control
- Experience of working in fast paced environment and prioritising work accordingly
- Ability to learn quickly
- Able to cope with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and track activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentations skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to approach and resolve problems in a thoughtful and practical manner
- Detailed orientated
- Results focused
- Basic salary + discrectionary bonus
- 21 days’ holiday plus additional day off on your birthday
- Earn additional holiday with years of working with the company
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- Private dental and medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
And more! See our full range of benefits here.
How to apply
Its easy, just click on Candidate Submission Form below to upload your CV. Check out our interview tips by clicking this link.