Wavex Technology is an award winning, independent IT firm, offering
secure and fully managed IT service. We design, deliver and manage
solutions to meet our client's strategic IT needs, across Cloud,
Infrastructure, Connectivinty and End-User services.
In order to deliver this, we hire the best people who use the world’s leading technology platforms and deliver a truly outstanding, and unique customer-centric experience. Our focus is to help our clients succeed through a range of business-relevant solutions and services.
About the role
The Onsite Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of high quality IT support to most prestigious Wavex clients based in London and solving their technical issues within Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange Server (2007 onwards), Windows Server (2008 onwards) environments as well as assisting with project work.
The first month you will spend at the Wavex office, learning our internal systems and processes as well as familirising with the client's technical environemnt. Following this period, you will be based full time at the client’s office, where you will also shadow one of the existing support engineers for handover. You will typically spend 6 months with one particular client, following which you will be rotated to another site.
- Be the first point of contact for all client’s internal IT issues:
- Carry out daily core system checks and email these to appropriate parties. Log and investigate any issues as required
- Log all calls as they come in and prioritise them accordingly
- Ensure that all changes made onsite to the systems are documented extensively and communicated effectively to support teams involved
- Ensure processes are followed when carrying out specific tasks and keep them up to date
- Identify gaps in client's systems and recommend improvements. Communicate any changes back to Wavex
- Ensure any changes to the systems are accompanied by the correct change control documents as per agreements with the different clients
- Carry out system maintenance - Windows updates, hardware firmware updates or other planned works
- Ensure detailed fortnightly system checks are carried out for review by the Onsite Engineering Manager
Qualification and Experience
- Be an ambassador of Wavex. Develop and nurture relationship with the client, ensuring the highest standards of service delivery at all times
- At least one of the MCP certifications (or working towards/willing to get certified)
- Track record of working in IT support role (preferably in a similar capacity)
- Experience of troubleshooting and managing Citrix and VMWare environments, Microsoft Exchange Server (2007 onwards), Windows Server (2008 onwards)
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Good understanding and practical experience managing incidents within a specified SLA
- Good understanding of customer service skills
About the person
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Sound customer service skills
- Professional demeanour
- Mature. Comfortable dealing with pressure
- Able to comply and solve problems in a pleasant and respectful manner
- Basic salary + discretionary bonus
- 21 days’ holiday plus bank holiday
- Additional day off on your birthday
- Earn holiday with your years of service
- Private health and dental insurance
- Pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Technology purchase scheme
- Corporate gym membership discount
- Cycle to work scheme
And much more! See our full range of benefits here.
How to apply
Its easy, just click on Candidate Submission Form below to upload your CV. Check out our interview tips by clicking this link.