Wavex is looking for a talented engineer, with an aptitude for technology and an outstanding customer facing skills.
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality IT support to prestigious Wavex clients based in London and solve their technical issues within VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange Server (2007 onwards), Windows Server (2008 onwards) environments.
The first month or so you will spend at the Wavex office, learning our internal systems and processes, as well as familirising with the client's technical environment.
The Field Engineer will be responsible for providing a high level of IT support to an extensive and varied Wavex client base. You will act as the first point of contact for all Client users onsite, for issues that cannot be resolved remotely.
Working hours: 9am - 6pm
- Provide 1st and 2nd line desktop support:
- Deliver best practise call management including: investigating, diagnosing, detailing, and resolving incidents within an agreed SLA while keeping the client informed.
- Manage a call queue and priorities time accordingly to ensure maximum productivity
- Take the ownership for the maintenance of a client site
- Carry out system maintenance (Windows updates, hardware/firmware updates, etc)
- Be prepared to accommodate client's request to work out of core hours
- Coordinate with the Service Desk to ensure all calls for the client are up-to-date and being dealt with appropriately
- Close incidents. Ensure relevant details are logged within the call
- Manage the unplanned pieces of work that fall out of the scope of support
- Cover for the onsite based engineers as and when agreed (mainly holiday cover and/or short-term sick absence)
- Perform ad-hoc break-fix work (issues that cannot be fixed remotely, ie hardware faults, rebuilding PCs, virus outbreaks, racking Network devices, patching)
- Provide recommendations to the escalation team (who manages issues and make overall decisions)
- Assist the Project Delivery Engineering team (ie with the onsite installation of Office 365 or related desktop support)
- Assist the Service Delivery department with potential leads as a technical function whilst onsite
- Be adaptable to many different clients and working environments and demonstrate both independent and team work attributes
- Work collaboratively with other teams to provide a fully-managed service for our customers, who value attention and excellence.
- Basic salary up to £28,000 gross per annum (depending on experience)
- Discretionary bonus
- 22 days’ holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
- Additional day off on your birthday
- Earn holiday with your years of service
- Private health and dental insurance
- Pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Technology purchase scheme
- Corporate gym membership discount
- Cycle to work scheme
And more! To see full range of our benefits please see here.
How to apply
Its easy, just click on our Candidate Submission Form below to upload your CV. Check out our interview tips by clicking this link.