1st Line Support Engineer
Wavex Technology is an award winning, independent IT firm offering a secure and fully managed IT services. We design, deliver and manage solutions to meet our client strategic IT needs, across Cloud, Infrastructure, Connectivity and End-User services.
In order to deliver this we hire the best people who use the world’s leading technology platforms and deliver a truly outstanding, and unique customer-centric experience. Our focus is to help our clients succeed through a range of business-relevant solutions and services.
We have recently launched our new Business Services Platform, APEX®, which aims at broadening the scope of services we offer and transforming the industry as we know it.
About the role
As a 1st Line Support Engineer will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and specialist IT support to our clients. You will work as a key part of the helpdesk team, to resolve IT incidents ensuring department KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to:
- Wide-array of technologies (Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix, VMware (ESXi), Symantec, and Hyper-V)
- Work as part of a supportive / friendly team
- Work with a number of world-renowned companies
- Play a part in Wavex' strategic vision, redefining IT services
- Develop into one of the following roles: senior engineer, project delivery engineer, technology specialist, technical architect or project manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Deliver best practice call management: investigate, diagnose, detail and resolve incidents within an agreed fix time period
- Closure of incidents. Once the client is satisfied, ensure relevant details are logged within the call
- Identify repeat incidents as problems and assist in their resolution
- Comply with Wavex and Client specific processes
- Be the ambassador of Wavex
- At least 1 year experience in similar role, working in a Managed Service Provider environment, supporting client infrastructure
- Understanding of the virtualisation concept
- Server administration an troubleshooting experience (Windows Server 2008 onwards, Exchange 2010 onwards)
- Experience of administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Office (2007 onwards) and Citrix systems
- Good knowledge of the following technologies: Windows 7 and 8, Symantec, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Good understanding and practical experience of ownership of logging, updating and closing incidents within specified SLA
- Basic salary + discretionary bonus
- 21 days’ holiday plus additional day off on your birthday
- Earn extra holiday with years of service
- Flexible working hours
- Private health and dental insurance
- Pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
And more! Please see our full range of benefits here.
How to apply
Its easy, just click on Candidate Submission Form below to upload your CV. Check out our interview tips by clicking this link.